Commercial Lead - Expression of Interest
Downer is a diversified business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Downer's Engineering, Construction & Maintenance division supports our customers through the asset life cycle, from initial feasibility and design through to construction, commissioning, operation, ongoing asset management and decommissioning.
The Talent Acquisition team is calling for expressions of interest from Commercial Professionals.
Driving to deliver high performance results to meet specified and tight timelines, you will take an active role in matters relating to: tender reviews and approvals, risk reviews, commercial contracts mark ups and negotiation leading to execution and other contractual arrangement (i.e. JV, alliances, teaming agreements.) and the provision of various contractual advice and support after award.
Critical to your success in this role is:
- Demonstrated experience working with construction contracts
- Exposure to private law practice and in-house legal experience.
- Outstanding negotiation and communication skills
- Familiarity with standard and bespoke industry forms of contract
- Solid understanding of the commercial and legal issues impacting the business and delivery of projects.
- Ability to lead the wider business unit team with cost control measures, including daily costing, costs to date and forecasting protocols in accordance with the cost control requirements/standards for the Project.
- Tertiary (Bachelor) degree in Engineering, Commerce, Accounting, Business, Quantity Surveying, Law or construction associated disciplines.
- 5 years' contracts/procurement experience.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving and organisational skills.
Please note, Downer do not accept resumes via email and please ensure you attach copies of your Resume, Licences, Trade Papers/tickets and proof of eligibility to work in Australia i.e. passport/birth certificate to your online application.
Please note, this is a Registration of interest only and does not imply we have current positions available in the above disciplines.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Back to search results