Operations Manager - Construction
Job ID: 549059
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Canning Vale, Perth
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Management, Project Management, Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
As the Operations Manager, you will be reporting directly to the General Manager for the Western Region construction business. This position is responsible for the delivery of multiple construction projects across a broad spectrum of industries and market sectors leading a team of project delivery professionals; setting strategy, direction, priorities and accountabilities. You will lead and collaborate to share expertise, experience, resources and market intelligence to enhance overall operational capability.
- You will ensure consistent processes; standards and systems are used in project delivery.
- Collaborate regarding contractual issues and execution of contract deliverables
- Engage with functional teams including Zero Harm, HR, Finance, Commercial, and Controls to collaborate and draw expertise to support full construction lifecycle
- Foster close working relationships to understand needs and opportunities and manage the company’s reputation.
- Work closely with pre-contracts to share information about customer needs and interpret market intelligence, providing guidance on operational capability input into bids
The role will be most suited to candidates with significant experience working with multi discipline construction projects, exposure to the resources industry, infrastructure and oil and gas markets. Previous experience is essential including:
- A Degree in relevant project management, engineering, construction and/or business services (will be highly regarded).
- Capability and proven experience in managing/overseeing multiple projects of varying contract values ($10M - $1B)
- Experience working in metro and regional areas across Australia.
- Experience across all construction disciplines in a broad spectrum of resources projects and commercial infrastructure is essential.
- A strong business acumen and experience with commercial and legal issues impacting the delivery of projects in a broad range of contracting models (EPC, D&C, subcontract, SOR, JVs etc.)
- Strong leadership and communications skills (with variety of stakeholders, employees, clients, internal peers etc.).
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfil their potential. We embrace all employee difference and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion. If you are focused and aspire to grow your career in a challenging and leading edge environment, you will have a future with great possibilities with us.
For more information contact email@example.com however applications will only be received via this APPLY link provided.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time