Fixed Plant Asset Manager
Job ID: 549092
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Management, Project Management, Construction, Civil Engineering
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
About the Role
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Selection and implementation of a National Maintenance/ Asset Management system across our Asphalt production facilities
- Develop and monitor, in consultation with the operational leads, preventative maintenance programs that maximise reliability and minimise whole of life cost
- Develop and implement a long term strategic capital investment plan for our asphalt production facilities across Australia by working with key leads across the business
- Analyse maintenance and operational cost benchmarking data to evaluate compliance and opportunities for improvement
- Identify opportunities for Minor Capital improvements that improve our efficiency and opportunity in the market
- Lead by example and actively participate in Zero Harm initiatives and strategies
- Build systems and training in the operation and maintenance of Asphalt plants to ensure best practice operation, efficiency and high productivity outputs
- Be the custodian of our mobile asphalt plant fleet with responsibility to maintain, move, erect and commission the plants to sites as required by the business
- Project manage the major capital upgrades of our production facilities
- Understand the latest technology and production plant offerings available and how these best suit our businesses and the future opportunity in the market
This role requires demonstrable exposure at a senior management level, preferably within the asphalt production and/or fixed asset management space.
- Ideally you will have qualifications in Engineering, Asset Management or a related discipline
- Ability and track record of thinking differently and innovating
- An interest in understanding the latest technology in the asphalt production industry and how it can be applied
- A demonstrable understanding of how to build business cases for capital investment
- Excellent understanding of asset maintenance/management principals and proven experience in managing maintenance programs to achieve lowest whole of life cost
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to analyse multiple options to ensure returns on investment are maximised
- Strong Leadership skills and commitment to Zero Harm
- A proactive approach to change management with the capacity to influence change without direct management control
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to think strategically and develop long term investment plans
- Experience in developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and the ability to manage internal client and contractor relationships
- Experience in managing benchmarking data and providing insights and solutions from analytical reviews
- Proven track record of delivering projects safely, on time and to budget
- Be able to demonstrate previous success in leading a small team
The successful applicant will spend time traveling inspecting and monitoring asphalt plants, which at times can mean staying away from home.
Apply for this great opportunity by visiting careers.downeredi.com or clicking 'apply' below. For further information call Lesley-Anne on 0447 642 459 Quoting Job Reference #549092
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time