Job ID: 549344
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Manufacturing, Operations/Production
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Downer's Road Services business is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
Excellent long-term job opportunity is now available for a Production Foreman to join our team in Gosnells, Western Australia. This is a full-time permanent position working with our highly experienced production crew, with the successful candidate responsible for the day to day facets on-site to deliver optimum results, by ensuring forward planning and programming to maximise utilisation of resources whilst providing feedback on daily paving plans. You will be able to identify opportunity for cost savings, quality and safety improvements through innovation and take accountability for delivering results and actively manage self-performance.
- Previous experience as a Leading Hand or Foreman within a similar role within asphalt manufacturing or associated discipline (preferred)
- Competent in the operation of mobile equipment including Front End Loader, Skid Steer, and Forklift
- Effective supervision of personnel, plant, machinery and subcontractors onsite
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation, initiative and time management
- Demonstrated ability with building relationships with key stakeholders
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- An excellent work ethic with high attention to detail
- A strong ‘team player’ with the proven ability to work efficiently with others
- A strong commitment to a Zero Harm culture
WHAT WE OFFER
- Ongoing training and support in the role as well as a competitive remuneration
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do.
- A long-term career opportunity working with an ASX Listed Company
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button.
For more information contact: Kim Henwood P: 0429 138 154
This role is being sourced directly by Downer. We respectfully request no agency approaches.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time