HFC - Scoper NSW
WHO WE ARE
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Downer’s Telecommunications business is contracted to its client to design and construct Australia’s High Speed National Broadband Network (NBN) using various technologies including FTTX. Our current contracts will see us execute varied works including Single Dwelling Units (SDU) drops, Multi Dwelling Units (MDU) builds and network extensions and augmentation. All works are to the customer's Premises Connection Device (PCD) or Intermediate Connection Device (ICD) which allows end users to connect to the NBN. Works may also include Inside Plant ISP exchange work and Inter Exchange Networks IEN.
Due to project expansion, Downer is seeking a HFC Scoper to join the team, reporting into the Gladesville, NSW office. This is a permanent, full time position that will see you working as part of the HFC team to effectively manage field survey/scoping requirements, including but not limited to conducting exchange and street communications network, customer end surveys and return of the field survey/scoping packs back to the design and review group. Excellent knowledge of telecommunication technologies including HFC, FTTc, FTTn and FTTb will ensure your success in this position. Our ideal candidate will be highly motivated with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines. A civils survey and/or construction background will be looked upon favorably.
- Previous experience in the same or similar position
- Telecommunication qualification combined with an understanding of NBN’s network design rules
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff, management and subcontractors as required
- Flexibility within role being able to adjust to any given task or situation
- Where required support the Supervisors with Dig Permits and Quality inspections
- Excellent knowledge of the telecommunications cabling standards and regulations
- Ability to working under pressure to strict deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the “Apply” button.
For more information please contact: Elysha Evans – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner quoting job number 549865.
E: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
Back to search results