Routine Maintenance Patrol Person
The Downer team in Dunedin are looking for a Routine Maintenance Patrol Person to work on their Highway Maintenance Contract.
We are able to offer you a great opportunity to work in an exciting and growing part of our Maintenance division based in Dunedin.
What we offer:
- Stable working environment
- Guaranteed minimum of 40 hours per week, plus overtime and other benefits
- A real focus on a safe work environment
- Excellent career growth opportunities
About the role:
This role involves driving a section of the network to undertake routine patrol activities and carriageway inspections. Your duties will include pothole repairs, edge marker post/sign replacement, repairing sealed and unsealed pavement faults, along with the cleaning and maintenance of other roading infrastructure.
You will also be responsible for identifying and recording defects found out in the field using Pocket RAMM and you be using a PDA (handheld Personal Digital Assistant) so computer skills are preferred.
- Enjoy working alone
- Be self-motivated and able to manage own workload
- Have a reasonable level of fitness
- Have good literacy skills
- Be capable of learning how to use a PDA (handheld computer)
- Hold a full class 1 and 2 drivers licence
- Knowledge of Pocket RAMM preferred but not essential
This is a great time to join the Downer team and take the next step in your career with an organisation committed to the lifelong development of our people.
If you want to be part of a great team then don't delay, APPLY NOW by visiting www.downercareers.co.nz and entering 550012 into the keyword search.
We're WorkSAFE: Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a per-employment drug test & medical
Back to search results