Regional Lead Planner
Job ID: 550151
Job type: Full Time - Permanent, Part Time - Permanent
Location: North Ryde
Categories: Civil Engineering
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Rail Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As Downer continues on its evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our clients and catering to market demands
Reporting directly to the National Planning Manager, of our Infrastructure Projects Business you will oversee and ensure compliance to Downer Planning and Project Control Standards (and other Downer Standards) across the projects within the region. You will be an excellent communicator that can develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to support Downers ongoing process of continuous improvement and best practice philosophy in all matters relating to program and time management. The role will be based in our Office at North Ryde.
- Monitors, analyses and reviews the schedule, budget and resource plans of projects and tenders capturing all projects phases in accordance with Downers Review Processes
- Participate in or advise on schedule related risk reviews and assessments
- Work collaboratively to ensure compliance to Downer Project Control Systems policies/procedures
- Prepare and issue monthly governance and business reports for the region,
- Prepare, analyse and or provide support, training or guidance on commercial matters such as extensions of time claims, delay and disruption analysis and claims or variations as required.
- Provide and maintain planning and scheduling statistics with associated commentary
- Review competency and compliance of planners within the region and provide recommendations to the General Manager and the National Planning Manager
- Implementation and support of Downer Project Controls systems as defined by the business
- Maintain a master resources histogram detailing all regional projects, cost and resource loading and cash flow models
- Review subcontractor’s construction programmes and other third party programmes against Master Programmes as and where required to validate realistic forecasts and completion dates.
- Be responsible for the preparation of detailed project programs and baseline schedules on time & in consultation with estimators, for tenders prepared for Downer Infrastructure Projects as required from time to time.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Degree/Associate Diploma qualified with post graduate qualification as well as possessing extensive relative industry experience in the fields of Engineering, Construction Management or Project Management.
- Extensive knowledge of Construction work practices and processes specifically in transport infrastructure / commercial building or other complex infrastructure environments.
- Experienced in project management procedures and their implementation, and a willingness to conform, improve and implement Downers procedures.
- Exceptional proficiency in use of Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project scheduling software to meet planning requirements.
- Experience in Envision Time Management, Time Chainage and or Schedule Risk software would be an advantage.
- Both Contractor and Client Side work experience is essential
- Must have experience in managing multiple projects at once and experience in governance and oversight a clear advantage.
- Experience with commercial issues related to time related matters
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work on some of the Australia’s most exciting infrastructure projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, you can make an impact with our forward thinking company
For further information, please contact Susie Cooper, Senior Strategic Talent and Sourcing Business Partner on 07 3249 0346. Applications submitted via email will not be considered.
WE RESPECTUFULLY REQUEST NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time