Program Manager - Substations
Job ID: 550411
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Project Management, Operations/Production, Civil Engineering
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities. Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands..
With increased volume of substation project works occurring in South Australia we are seeking a dedicated Program Manager reporting to the Substations Operations Manager to lead the local interface with clients with the aim of ensuring safe and successful completion of substation design, construction and maintenance projects in line with client and contract obligations. This role will focus on the delivery of integrated sub-station design and construction solutions for Power utility clients within this region. The role requires an individual who will be able to maintain and further promote Downer’s position in this field, delivering client and shareholder satisfaction, through value for money services and business improvement.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or a Trades background with significant demonstrable operational experience
- Successful track record evidencing your experience in a power infrastructure and substation project operations management role
- Previous exposure working for or with different power utilities and infrastructure clients
- Solid project planning, financial planning and operational budgeting skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of different state industrial and legislative requirements and specifications in support of operational delivery
- Sound decision making and analytical capabilities – demonstrating awareness of risk management methods, processes and practices to foster quality decision making
- A successful track record of Zero Harm leadership as well as the ability to support operations to continually improve safety performance
- Solid stakeholder management with the ability to proactively nurture and build positive relationships and identify new business opportunities
- An effective communicator at all levels – written and verbal with the ability to negotiate with and influence others to achieve positive outcomes
In return we offer
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward thinking company
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development
- Competitive Remuneration package based on experience
Apply for this great opportunity by visiting careers.downeredi.com or clicking 'apply' below. For further information call Paul Kazoullis: Talent & Sourcing Lead on 0429 190 563
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO AGENCY APPROACHES
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: Cen. Australia Standard Time