Job ID: 550689
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Brisbane, South Brisbane
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining is seeking to appoint a dynamic professional in the role of Process/ Manufacturing Engineer, based out of our South Brisbane Office.
On joining the Downer Blasting Services team, you will be responsible for undertaking engineering tasks and supporting any associated plant related issues. Under the leadership of the Engineering Manager DBS, you will assist in the development and ongoing review of plant, process and equipment specifications.
About the Role:
- In depth knowledge of process/ manufacturing engineering
- Able to design process and relevant process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Develop and review of plant and equipment inspection and service documentation.
- Carry out data analysis of plant maintenance
- Investigate equipment reliability issues and repetitive failures
- Liaising with OEM to develop effective maintenance strategy tasks to update AMT
- Assist with equipment inspection and compliance audits.
- Assist in the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Maintain and facilitate end of month plant reporting.
- Process Safety
- Tertiary Qualification in a Mechanical/electronic/ instrumentation Disciplines
- High level of computer literacy with experience in reporting from data based applications
- A self-starter with ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Well-developed communication and team work skills
- 2D and 3D CAD Skills
In return we offer:
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employees
- A positive team atmosphere
- A variety of employee benefits
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- This is a genuine development opportunity to further extend and build upon your experience, a chance to define your career path with our world class organisation.
This role is being sourced directly by Downer Mining and not through recruitment agencies. All applications treated with the utmost confidentiality.
To apply online, please click on the link below. Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact For further information, Michael Bernard email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time