Senior Scheduler / Planner
Job ID: 550773
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Brisbane, Gold Coast
Categories: Project Management
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer’s Engineering, Construction & Maintenance division supports our customers through the asset life cycle, from initial feasibility and design through to construction, commissioning, operation, ongoing asset management and decommissioning.
Due to our continued growth we are now seeking to appoint a Senior Scheduler/Planner to join our project team across the Engineering and Construction Business. In this role you will have the opportunity to be involved in multi-disciplined global projects from either Brisbane or a Gold Coast location.
In this role you will be responsible for the preparation, establishment & maintenance of project planning systems and procedures across multiple projects. Utilising your high level of communication and interpersonal skills, you will liaise with all project team members, departments, cost controllers, subcontractors and suppliers as required.
The role will provide a key function in our project delivery and will see successful applicants involved in:-
- Development and establishment of project planning systems and procedures;
- Developing WBS & CBS for all phases of EPC projects; maintaining and monitoring baseline and master schedules based on scopes of work, drawings, milestones and engineering data.
- Loading and resourcing all schedules with budgeted hours, contract dates, current progress durations and variations
- Coordinating input from various team members including engineering, procurement, contracts and construction maintaining highly accurate and detailed schedules.
- Ability to resource level a portfolio of projects to best for business outcomes
- Working closely with the Project team to prepare EPC and forensic schedules as well as EOT’s and variations.
- Analysing and optimising critical paths identifying critical and near critical activities
- Proven experience in a similar project role as a Scheduler/Planner, exposure to precious metals or mineral sands processing plants desirable;
- Proficiency in Primavera 3, 3.1 and 6, MS Office suite especially Excel;
- Experience developing project schedules from baseline through to execution;
- Contract administration experience in EOT’s and delays is essential;
- High attention to detail, information process and problem solving capability;
- High levels of motivation and excellent time management and organisational skills; and
- A flexible and adaptable approach to changing demands within the business.
- Understand and apply planning theory, process and best practices.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team, with a focus on producing logical smart designs through innovation and collaboration
- The ability to work on a diverse range of designs, taking on new and exciting global challenges
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
Please note, Downer do not accept resumes via email and please ensure you attach copies of your Resume and proof of eligibility to work in Australia i.e. passport/birth certificate to your online application.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. For technical application submission queries – please email email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time