VEC - Personal Assistant
Job ID: 550971
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Finance & Administration
Vec Civil Engineering Pty Ltd (VEC) is a wholly owned subsidiary within the Downer Group. VEC deliver projects nationally specialising in bridges, rail, civil and water infrastructure and steel fabrication.
At VEC we are committed to zero harm and place a high level of importance on fostering a positive and safe work environment. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer.
An excellent career opportunity is now available for an experienced Personal Assistant to support our General Manager within our VEC business based in Hobart. This is a key and diverse role which will be well suited a vibrant person who possesses a genuine drive and enthusiasm to succeed and provide proactive, professional and efficient support to the General Manager and VEC Projects management team.
The successful candidate will take ownership and pride in their work and possess strong business acumen, advanced computer knowledge, excellent organisational abilities coupled with exceptional communication flair with the ability to multi task and handle conflicting deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role as either a Personal Assistant managing a varied and diverse workload
- Experience working in civil engineering/construction/heavy industry would be highly regarded although not essential
- Adaptable with the ability to see the "big picture" of our organisation and how they relate to your role
- Ability to take the initiative and have the courage to think differently to seek business improvement
- Possess exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Decisive coupled with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office
- Ability to co-ordinate and monitor extensive diary appointments including forward planning & itinerary preparation & travel management
- Experienced in agenda & minute taking/preparation; taking and transcribing dictation of letters and other documents
- Ability to effectively coordinate meetings and functions
WHAT WE OFFER
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward thinking company
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional growth
For more information contact Susie Cooper on E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will only be accepted via the online portal not via email.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: Tasmania Daylight Time