Modifications Engineer - Sydney Growth Trains
Job ID: 550972
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: North Ryde
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Maintenance, Project Management
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
We are looking for a Modification Project Manager (Engineer) to work on our Sydney Growth Trains (SGT) Project based in North Ryde. The role is responsible for ensuring the modifications team meets the daily targets for the completion of modifications in a safe and efficient manner. This position is responsible for the team carrying out all modifications of the fleet and ensuring configuration compliance, including but not limited to, the correct authorisation and implementation plan has been provided, and all documentation is correctly completed.
The Modification Project Manager (Engineer) must ensure that all modifications are conducted to timescales and do not affect the service requirements of the fleet. This position is accountable for achieving the rail safety objectives (as per National Rail Safety Act) and protecting the health, safety and welfare of all employees under their control. (WHS Act).
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the team of Technicians to accomplish the required daily production targets
- Promote and drive the quality culture of "zero defects" and continuous improvement within the team
- Control safety standards and safe systems of work, including compliance with technical standards, rules, regulations, working instructions and local procedures
- Review completed task documentation and conduct debriefs to ensure completion prior to work orders being closed.
- Provides independent check of maintenance technicians work carried out as appropriate, e.g. by conducting inspection and audits
- Maintain commitment to deliver products and services to the highest quality standards and customer satisfaction
- Minimise cost buy improving efficiency and adding value to processes by eliminating the waste
- Ensure risks are accurately identified, contained and countermeasures are put in place
- Adherence to Downer " 10 Cardinal Rules" and Zero Harm Policy
You will have:
- Engineering qualifications in a mechanical/electrical environment along with Knowledge of Engineering Practice
- Project Management Qualifications
- Previous experience implementing complex modification programs
- Must have an excellent understanding of all technical aspects of rail vehicles
- Must be able to competently understand vehicle schematics and drawings
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio-hazards, manual handling and control of hazardous materials
- An understanding of Lean and Continuous Improvement procedures
- High level interpersonal and communication skills and proven leadership skills
This role is a Fixed Term 12-month duration based in our North Ryde office offering an attractive remuneration package and an opportunity to work on a key project.
For more information contact Rachel Jones on firstname.lastname@example.org , please note applications will not be accepted directly via email, please apply online
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time