Maintenance Support Manager - Plant Mining East
Job ID: 551628
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Management, Maintenance, Project Management
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer provides Open cut and Underground mining services for multiple projects across Australia, including drilling, blasting, loading, haulage and stockpile rehandle. Within the Mining East division, our vision is to be the preferred provider of quality mining services throughout the regions in which we operate.
Downer is currently seeking a highly experienced and motivated Maintenance Support Manager to be based in our Brisbane head office. Reporting to the Plant Operations Manager for Mining East, this new role is responsible for the long term planning of major component supply for the region, management of warranty claims and component overhauls.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Planning of major component change outs and equipment overhauls
- Reviewing equipment history and recommending changes to component change out schedules
- Monitoring and updating component life and cost assumptions
- Ensuring warranty claims and component overhauls are managed in an efficient, effective, inclusive and ethical manner
- Building and maintain professional relationships with suppliers/OEMs
- Reviewing business improvement opportunities
- Provide site support for all warranty and component aspects
- Manage long term plan in AMT and ensuring components are secured and supplied to projects
- Build strong relationships within Downer Group
- Trade or Tertiary education background
- Significant experience in mining plant maintenance and maintenance planning
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills
- Well- developed verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Computer literate experience in maintenance management system, AMT desirable
WHAT WE OFFER
- A career defining opportunity to join a market leading, diversified business
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- A new management position with ownership of project work
- A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employees
- Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities
- Attractive, market competitive remuneration, employee benefits and salary packaging options
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Urima Meni on 07 3026 6646.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time