HD Fitters - CASUAL rates up to $70 per hour
Job ID: 551736
Job type: Casual, Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Trades, Maintenance
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining provides open cut mining services at Karara mine, including drilling, blasting, loading, haulage and stockpile rehandle. The operation is a conventional pit with a 30Mtpa mining rate. The Karara pit will feed the client-run processing plant, which will produce 8Mtpa of magnetite concentrate. The concentrate will be transported by rail to Geraldton for shipment.
We are currently seeking experienced Heavy Duty Fitters to join the team at Karara. Key responsibilities include repairs and maintenance of heavy duty machinery, and the preparation of relevant reports and documentation.
- Relevant Mechanical Diesel qualification
- Sound knowledge of CAT equipment
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining large scale earthmoving equipment in a mining environment is preferred but not essential
- Demonstrated post trade experience
- Strong team player and solid communication skills
- Drive, enthusiasm and a passion to be the best in all that you do.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
- An overriding commitment to zero harm
- Join our diverse and inclusive business
- Supportive work environment with professional development opportunities
Located 40 minutes from Perth by plane, this project offers a 2:1 FIFO roster from Perth and Bus in/out from Geraldton. The site has a new camp offering modern ensuited rooms, with the latest modern amenities including sporting & recreational facilities.
Please call Mary-Jane Heaney on 08 6217-5835 for further information.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time