Lead Electrical/Control Systems Engineer
Job ID: 552152
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer’s Engineering, Construction & Maintenance division supports our customers through the asset life cycle, from initial feasibility and design through to construction, commissioning, operation, ongoing asset management and decommissioning.
Due to continued business growth and internal promotion, Downer’s M&E Engineering division is now seeking to appoint a Lead Electrical/Control Systems Engineer to deliver effective management of the Melbourne Region Control Systems/LV team.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager and based in our Melbourne office, this position is a pivotal leadership role and is responsible for the overall design management and successful delivery of technical outcomes for all Control Systems/LV projects within Victoria.
As well as day to day team management, a key focus of this role will be to steer the Business Development strategy within the Control Systems/LV department to expand existing client portfolios and identify new project opportunities.
Other responsibilities include:
- Resource Management – by way of accurate workload forecasting, identify and allocate resources as per project requirements;
- Oversee and manage the end to end tender process through to submission ensuring financial and technical accuracy and meeting client deadlines’;
- To ensure project compliance to industry and company QA systems and regulations within the Control Systems/LV space;
- General administration of team training and development as well as providing input in performance management reviews and recruitment processes;
- Bachelor Engineering Degree (Electrical); CP-ENG preferred
- Significant industry experience in electrical design, fault finding and commissioning of industrial LV systems and control and automation systems;
- Experience in design of LV systems, LV switchboards, cabling systems, variable speed drives, motor control systems and instrumentation systems;
- Experience with industrial control and automation products (SCADA, PLC) and telemetry systems considered advantageous;
- Awareness with safety systems, legislation codes and contractual documentation.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team, with a focus on producing logical smart designs through innovation and collaboration;
- The ability to work on a diverse range of designs, taking on new and exciting challenges;
- The ability to work on large multidisciplinary projects;
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. For more information, please contact Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org however applications must be made via the careers portal and will not be accepted via email.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time