Bid Manager - Infrastructure Projects North (Auckland)
Downer is an internationally recognised force in the civil engineering industry. Our Promise is to work closely with our customers to help them succeed, using world leading insights and solutions. Our people are committed to what we do and at Downer NZ we work together as a team to deliver on our promise to continue to be 'the number one supplier of building and infrastructure services in New Zealand'.
The Projects division of Downer New Zealand has a remit for growth. Over the past four years we have steadily built our reputation and capability culminating in recent tender wins such as City Rail Link Contract 1 and 2, Christchurch Southern Motorway 2, America’s Cup and the Longswamp Section of the Waikato Expressway.
Our strategy over the next four years is to continue our growth trajectory across the building and infrastructure sectors. We have a current opening for a Bid Manager to join our successful New Business team that services the Projects division nationally from our Auckland hubs.
This Bid Manager role is critical to securing future capital works opportunities; it is an integral part of the success of our business. If you thrive on developing and delivering a bid strategy, influencing others to achieve deadlines, working with a range of capable and dedicated people across the business, putting your creativity and leadership skills to work every day and delivering results, this is your role. You will have the necessary industry experience, skills and attributes to work as a part of our dedicated bid and operations teams on submissions from $1m to $1bn in value.
As Bid Manager you will:
- Degree level qualification in Business Management / Civil Engineering
- A track record in managing teams of individuals to achieve quality results
- Proven experience in managing the tender process within the Civil Engineering, Building, Construction from conception to final submission
- An understanding of the various procurement methods employed by clients and the impact of these methods to tender strategy
- Ability to prepare bid proposals and addressing key client criteria
- Successful track record of delivering in a challenging environment with tight deadlines
Exceptional negotiation and influencing skills
In return we offer:
An opportunity to be a part of a company that has consistently been a significant part of the New Zealand construction landscape and continues to be a major player in the market
- Work in a constructive and growing environment
- Join a team of likeminded, friendly people with a focus on excellence, delivering results and celebrating success
- Remuneration package in line with the industry and your skills and ability while also providing opportunities for personal development and advancement
To apply for this role please go to www.downercareers.co.nz reference number 552220
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Back to search results