Principal Engineer Equipment
Job ID: 552502
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gold Coast
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Management, Operations/Production
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer’s Engineering, Construction & Maintenance division supports our customers through the asset life cycle, from initial feasibility and design through to construction, commissioning, operation, ongoing asset management and decommissioning.
Downer’s Mineral Technologies business is a leader in mineral processing solutions globally. We provide a range of services and solutions for our customers by transforming ore bodies into high grade mineral products. Our Head Office is based in Australia, with operations in South Africa, India and North & South America.
Reporting to the Global Manager, Sales, Equipment & Technology, the Principal Equipment Engineer is a specialist role whose purpose is to oversee the management and design of equipment ranges for Mineral Technologies. This role will be responsible for the engineering certification of global product decisions and design codes.
In this role, you will lead the product development team and motivate capital and development expenses for new equipment ranges and enhancements to current equipment. You will also manage the Equipment engineers and designers to maintain accurate and safe IP design records and electronic workflow system for CAD and technical documentation.
Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage Development and Equipment Engineers and provide expertise with regards to fundamental design changes from first principles, especially in relation to Magnetic separators, Electrostatic separators and gravity concentrators (spirals, jigs, shaking tables) as well as classifiers (UCC’s, TBS’s, cyclones);
- Manage the ISO 9001 electronic workflow process for CAD models, drawings and technical document management controls as the global ECR “Engineering change request” chair and approver;
- Work in conjunction with the metallurgical laboratory to test and approve new designs in accordance with performance criteria;
- Review and approve technical project datasheets and specifications and then size the respective equipment to suit the project flowsheet;
- Engage the market through your background and skills to assist with MT’s diversification into precious and base metal applications of our equipment and create relationships with key clients;
- Act as an operational advisor to contribute to the business strategy to develop and deliver business growth through increased historical commodity sectors plus business from diversification into other targeted commodities;
- Measure, monitor and report levels of customer satisfaction with MT’s quality, service and project delivery to Senior Management Team;
- Ensure consistent visible active leadership to build a Zero Harm Culture within the business.
To be considered for this position, you will bring:
- Tertiary qualifications (degree) in mechanical engineering essential (CPEng, MBA, PM qualification will be highly regarded);
- Significant industry experience in process equipment design, development and manufacturing;
- Extensive project management experience within key project roles of over $20m;
- Operational or project management background with people management experience and interest of developing and supporting a strong team culture.
- Global connections in the mineral processing space, up to date with industry trends and an intimate understanding of the customer user base and their equipment performance and delivery expectations;
- Results driven, commercial astuteness and have well developed communication, interpersonal and influencing skills;
- A strong ability to rapidly grasp the nuances of client needs in complex situations with competing demands;
- Ability to structure appropriate solutions to meet client needs and address problem areas and drive / expedite supplier for on time delivery;
- A high level of first principle knowledge of spiral gravity separators, magnetic separation and electrostatic separation as this role will sign off on all engineering changes to product designs and I.P for the entire equipment range;
- Ability to lead a factory and refurbishment team to perform taking into account regional cultures, time zones and general tyranny of distance to deliver agreed global objectives.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team, with a focus on producing logical, smart designs through innovation and collaboration;
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do;
- Experience working for a major ASX listed company and the chance to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
To apply – follow the links. For more information, please email email@example.com however please note, we will not accept applications via email.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time