Leading Hand - ITS
Job ID: 552700
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
DM Roads is a joint venture between Downer and Kier that was formed in 2008 to deliver integrated asset management and maintenance services. The business now consists of two Integrated Service Arrangement contracts for Main Roads in Western Australia, a Stewardship Maintenance Contract and an ITS Maintenance Contract for RMS in Sydney and a Road Asset Maintenance Contract for TMR in Queensland.
We are looking for a Leading Hand with experience in Traffic signals, ITS devices and/or Roads Lighting to join our high performing Maintenance Team in NSW. Your role would include leading multiple crews as well as being involved in the maintenance, installation, testing and commissioning of different ITS electrical works across multiple installations.
You will possess a current NSW Electrical License together with demonstrated experience in;
- 3 years of demonstrated experience working in the Industry.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience leading a crew or multiple crews
- Exemplary leadership qualities with proven track record in leadership
- RMS network experience – highly regarded
- Meeting all requirements of the most current Electrical Safety Act, Specifications and Standards
- Training and development of apprentices
- Performing electrical test procedures as specified by the relevant standard
- Assessment and review of quality practices and reporting
- Organising sub-contractors
- Ensuring continuous adherence to build standards and quality measures
- Conforming to health and safety procedures and statutory obligations on work sites as well as promoting these practices to the crews
- Completing and submitting paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button below
Please ensure you attach copies of your Resume, Licences, Tickets and proof of eligibility to work in Australia i.e. passport/birth certificate to your online application.
For more information please contact: Yvette Michael on 0438 213 759 – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner, Infrastructure Services.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time