Construction Manager - Transmission Lines Qld
Job ID: 552820
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Mackay, Woolloongabba
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities. Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Downer Utilities has been successful in securing and delivering several exciting large-scale Power and Water Infrastructure projects including:
- Transmission and Distribution Substations and power lines;
- Wind Farms;
- Utility Scale Solar Farms (>100MW); and
- Waste Water Treatment Plants.
The Power construction team have several Substation and Transmission line projects underway in Queensland. We are seeking to engage an experienced Construction Manager – Transmission Lines to be based in Central Queensland in a full-time permanent capacity. Working on Transmission Line Projects, you will play a key role in leading the construction team ensuring the delivery of a successful projects meeting client requirements.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the main objective for the Construction Manager – Transmission Lines would be to provide expert advice, direction, planning and leadership in the delivery of transmission power-line construction and maintenance projects.
About the role:
- Provide expert technical advice in the construction of Transmission-line projects covering construction methodologies, work instructions, risk assessments and Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS).
- Provide inputs to transmission line tenders including attend site visits, develop work methodologies and provide details on resource requirements and productivity rates
- Provide input to program and productivity tracker development and manage and update the program and production controls in line with delivered works.
- Provide input to power-line design engineers and partake in design reviews providing input on constructability.
- Provide leadership and direction in the construction of power-line projects covering engagement with client technical and project staff in developing construction methodologies and delivery programs
- Direct and manage supplier & subcontract staff in site construction activities
- Actively participate in and support Downer Zero Harm initiatives and strategies
Ideally, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Trade or engineering qualifications in power-line construction
- Demonstrated years of experience in power-line construction and management
- Project planning, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to undertake risk management process
- The ability to communicate across all levels
What we offer:
- Full-time permanent role focussing on QLD region
- An opportunity to work on large scale Transmission Line projects
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
How to apply:
Please apply for this great opportunity, use the "Apply" button to submit your application, reference 552820.
For more information about the role, please contact: Sanjay Kumar – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner M: 0418-621-926 or email e: email@example.com (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time