Job ID: 552847
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: Canning Vale, Darwin
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer’s Engineering, Construction & Maintenance division supports our customers through the asset life cycle, from initial feasibility and design through to construction, commissioning, operation, ongoing asset management and decommissioning.
We are interested in your strong Contracts Administrative experience, a positive attitude, strong team ethic and the desire to be involved in a large and complex LNG construction project.
Based in Canning Vale this position is an integral part of the Construction team.
The Project Contracts Administrator is accountable for the delivery of the commercial, financial and contractual management aspects of the project.
In the delivery of the role the Project Contracts Administrator must ensure that the Commercial Manager is promptly apprised of all matters in relation to the management of the project head contract agreements and all relevant supplier/ subcontract agreements.
- Contract Law
- First principles of estimating
- Business administration
- Construction methodology and best practice
- Accounting/financial management
- Demonstrated experience in the extrapolation of data from multiple databases and sources, the development, assessment and negotiation of progress claims, costing proposals and extension of time claims to maximize benefit and minimize risk to the Project
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting complex contractual clauses and the practical application thereof
- Demonstrated experience working in large scale construction projects with a sound understanding of construction methodologies and construction best practice
- Developing complex briefing papers, variations and reports
- Minimum 5 years relevant industry experience with a minimum of 2.5 years acting on behalf of a contractor/subcontractor
- Extensive experience in managing sub-contracts and head-contracts under the guidance of a project or commercial manager
- Advanced understanding of systems including Excel, Microsoft word, KOFAX and JDE
- Attention to detail
- Able to develop and sustain proactive and productive internal and external working relationships
WHAT WE OFFER
Successful applicants will be offered a highly competitive remuneration package. Please note all offers of employment are subject to satisfying the Project minimum requirements as well as Fitness for Work requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and develop your career within a highly successful organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, apply now.
For further information please contact Taylor Mountford on (08) 6217 5829.
All applications are held in strict confidence. Downer reserves the right to close this position at any time.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Central Standard Time