Who we are:
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand’s infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. With over 12,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand’s biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
A fantastic new opportunity has arisen in our ITS South Island; Dunedin team reporting to the National Radio Communications Manager for a focused and determined individual who wishes to develop a career in radio based telecommunications. We are looking for an experienced capable radio technician who is keen to learn new skills and is looking for growth opportunities in a challenging role, with great work / life balance and competitive salary.
Every day will be an exciting adventure for you with tasks varying between working on maintaining and installing our internal and external voice and data radio networks, technical support, installation of radio and data equipment in facilities and mobile plant, assisting other departments in varied technical and electrical work and implementation of bespoke monitoring networks in some of the most beautiful parts of New Zealand.
As the successful candidate for this role, ideally you will possess:
- A relevant qualification in Electronics, Telecommunications or IT
- Experience in the electronics and land mobile radio industry a requirement
- A mechanical and technically inclined mind
- A strong attention to detail
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Solid computer skills and exposure to a wide variety of computer applications
- A current full Class 1 drivers licence
- A flexibility to travel and stay away from home on an occasional basis and be on call on a rotating roster if required
In return we offer:
This is an opportunity to join an experienced, enthusiastic and professional team with ongoing opportunities for growth and development and be rewarded with a competitive salary package
To apply please visit www.downercareers.co.nz and search job number 553208.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Back to search results