Job ID: 553324
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: North Ryde
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Our rail division is seeking a talented Systems Engineer with DOORS NG experience to join our rail division, which has gone from strength-to-strength in the rolling stock and maintenance space across Australia.
As a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for the continuous improvement of engineering systems and processes to ensure that Downer is continuing to maintain the high standards in all areas including safety and compliance with contracts and regulatory bodies.
You will be the lead in the development of new systems and processes, providing technical support across all areas of the business to minimise hazards, eliminate risks through assessments and implement improvement strategies that will directly have impact on reliability, performance and financial viability.
- Tertiary qualifications in Systems Engineering or related discipline.
- Proven experience gained within the rail, aerospace, defence or similar heavy industry environment is desired.
- Experience with DOORS NG or DOORS Classic would be highly regarded.
- A strong ability to manage conflicting technical system demands, from identification through to resolution.
- A track record of engineering systems development with proven ability in change management, continuous improvement and delivery implementation
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with ability to break down complex concepts to all levels of the business.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to provide rapid and effective engineering support to the systems engineering team.
- Customer service oriented coupled with professional communication skills, and ability to liaise with a diverse group of stakeholders.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
For more information please contact: Clarissa Esteller – Talent & Sourcing Lead, Major Projects
E: email@example.com (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time