Job ID: 553499
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Trades, Manufacturing
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Multiple opportunities exist for Trade Assistants to join our team at our brand new production facility in Newport. These roles will be responsible for supporting assembly activity for the 65 next generation trains that Downer is building as part of the High Capacity Metro Train (HCMT) project. These roles will form a key component of the multi-skilled team we’re establishing at the facility.
We are seeking Trade Assistants to perform both electrical and mechanical tasks.
The High Capacity Metro Trains (HCMT) Project is a Victorian Government initiative and a $2.3 billion investment in Victoria’s rolling stock industry.
- Mechanical or Electrical Trade Assistant experience would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Previous experience within rail rolling stock or manufacturing industries is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated assembly experience coupled with the ability to use basic hand tools.
- Ability to follow a standard operating procedure or work instruction in a logical and ordered way.
- Strong communication, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Can-do, ambitious, energetic and flexible attitude essential.
- Hands on with the ability to work unsupervised and within a team environment.
- Ensure commitment to a Zero Harm workplace and promote an excellent team work attitude.
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time