Contract Administrator - Berry to Bomaderry Project
Job ID: 553607
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Bega, Port Kembla, Queanbeyan, Sydney, Wollongong, North Ryde
Categories: Finance & Administration, Management, Project Management, Quality, Legal, Construction, Civil Engineering
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Rail. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
The Downer/ Seymour Whyte Joint Venture recently awarded the construct only contract for the 10.5km Berry to Bomaderry Upgrade. The JV will build four lanes of new divided road between Mullers Lane at Berry and the Cambewarra Road roundabout at Bomaderry in addition to building temporary roads and carrying out road work for the safety of motorists and workers. When completed, it will be the final piece of more than 30km of highway upgraded between Gerringong and Bomaderry since work started in 2012.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil/Building/Construction Engineering/Commerce
- Proven experience working within RMS Guidelines
- Contract management experience gained within the construction sector (essential), ideally have more than 3 years of experience in Contract Administration role.
- Familiarity with standard and bespoke industry forms of contract and their negotiation and operative effects
- Sound knowledge of contract terms and conditions; procurement, subcontract management, variations approvals and recovery of claims are executed in accordance within requirements of contract and Downer policy frameworks
- Awareness of the commercial and legal issues impacting upon the delivery of projects
- Awareness of project management, contract management, risk management and financial management principles utilised in the management of the project
- Demonstrated ability to deliver outputs in a challenging environment and tight timeframes
- Ability to assess information and prepare accurate reports and make precise and concise recommendations.
- Ability to manage end of month process and prepare financial report for review of management
- Sound knowledge of excel and word
- Proficiency with Candy estimating software or JDE Project Accounting & Cost Controls or similar
- Ability to manage project admin work on daily basis
- Highly motivated and strong work ethic with can do attitude
- Excellent communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
For more information contact: Lynda Stuart, Talent & Sourcing Business Partner -Infrastructure Projects Division
Ph: 07 3249 0394
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time