Job ID: 553696
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
About the Job
Based in Maddington (Frequent regional travel required)
ASX listed organisation
Develop your career with an industry leader
Downer's road infrastructure business is one of the largest non-government owned road services business in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 kilometres of road. Our business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
An opportunity has become available for an astute Sprayseal Supervisor to join our team in providing sprayseal and road rejuvenation services predominantly in regional areas. This role is responsible for the management and delivery of projects works of varying sizes. Reporting into the Sprayseal Manager, you will be accountable to lead and coordinate personnel, while managing the suppliers and resources in order to complete project and maintenance works on time, on budget and achieve Downer's Zero Harm objectives.
- You will have similar experience gained within the asphalt, surfacing, paving or related industries.
- Previous experience with managing remote road crews.
- Effective supervision of personnel, plant, machinery and subcontractors on site.
- Exposure in sprayseal , road maintenance and surfacing would be ideal.
- Successful track record with planning, organising and time management.
- Proven ability to drive accountability throughout the workforce, including the implementation of robust processes.
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability with building relationships with key stakeholders.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of the relevant Occupational Health and Safety regulations and legislative requirements as applied to the road Industry.
- Strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm culture.
In return we offer
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm.
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward thinking company.
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company, and an industry leader.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org – Please note applications will not be received via this email address
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time