Zero Harm Manager
Job ID: 553951
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Melbourne, Derrimut
Categories: Health Safety & Environment
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer have an exciting opportunity to join a significant project in Victoria in a key leadership role as our Zero Harm Manager. The key purpose of the Zero Harm Manager to drive the development, maintenance and implementation of Downer Zero Harm strategies, systems, processes and tools on site.
The position is responsible for supporting the business and key stakeholders in providing guidance, coaching and leadership of Downer’s Work, health and safety management,environmental and injury management systems. You will provide risk management and legal compliance expertise and assisting the business in providing assurance around compliance with regulatory and Downer expectations. This is role will be based in Melbourne in a demanding and fast paced environment. Ability to prioritise competing demands and resilience is key to your success in this role.
- Partner with key project stakeholders (internal and external) to increase awareness of Zero Harm risks and issues
- Conduct incident investigations and prepare incident investigation reports utilising Incident Cause Analysis Methodology (ICAM) processes
- Provide guidance and coaching to Project Managers and Supervisors in Hazard Identification, Risk Assessments and Control Measures
- Provide input to Zero Harm reporting on performance and progress, including development of solutions to issues that compromise attainment of agreed performance targets
You will have:
- Extensive experience in Hazard Identification, Risk Assessments and Control Measures, internal auditing and incident investigation
- Extensive experience in leading change to foster the development of a site workplace culture focused on safety
- A proven track record and reputation for professional leadership
- Experience in a similar role in the civil construction in Roads and Heavy and/or Light Rail industry
- Qualification in Workplace Health and Safety
- Significant demonstrable experience in implementing and health and safety management systems;
- Providing guidance and advice to managers and staff with regard to best practise;
On offer is an attractive remuneration package , work lifestyle balance and an opportunity to work in a diverse and supportive environment.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
For more information please contact Susie Cooper on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we do not accept any applications directly via email
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time