Rail Protection Officer
The Downer team in Christchurch is currently looking for an experienced Rail Protection Officer to work within our Rail Team.
What we offer:
- Guaranteed minimum 40 hours/ week
- Lots of hours + overtime + penal rates
- Cutting edge technology & equipment
- All protective clothing provided
- Full, highly valuable, training provided
- Ongoing professional support
- Supportive team environment
- Variety of rail work
About the role:
This is an excellent and rare opportunity in the rail industry. All construction and maintenance work undertaken on the nation's rail network has to be done with a focus on staff and train safety. As a trained and qualified Rail Protection Officer, you will be controlling rail traffic into your work sites ensuring that all staff on your site are kept safe. You will also assist with planning future work, and then putting these plans into action on the track. A career in the rail industry does require you to be flexible as you could be working days, nights or weekends depending on the job type, client requirements and traffic movements.
We are looking for someone with the following skills & experience:
- Rail track protection advanced certification (formally Level C certification)
- Class 2 licence with WTR endorsements would be beneficial
- Experience working in the rail/safety industry
- Have a passion for safe working practices & processes - you will hold the lives of others in your hands
- Be a strong communicator, and able to speak to a wide diversity of people
- Be flexible in your working hours and happy to travel away when required
- Able to work alone or in remote areas
Don't delay! Seize the opportunity to secure your future with Downer, APPLY NOW! Visit www.downercareers.co.nz and entering into the 554138 keyword search.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Back to search results