Now is the time to join a stable, steady infrastructure services businesses, with a promising looking horizon
Downer is one of the largest road infrastructure services businesses in New Zealand, maintaining over 32,000km of roading in NZ. We work hard and are proud of what we do – maintenance and repair of roads across the South Island.
The Downer team in Amberley are now looking for an experienced Network Patrol Person
What’s on offer?
- A great opportunity to gather road maintenance experience and on the job training
- Remuneration to reflect the skill and experience in the candidate, recognising the responsibility and living location
- The opportunity to build your career with an organisation that has a company-wide focus on training and development
About the role:
As our Network Patrol Person, you will be the eyes and ears of the network. The key function will be to identify and log defects to the network assets. You will also assist in preparing the maintenance programmes and provide support to the Maintenance team by identifying faults across the network. This role requires good customer relationship skills.
On a day-to-day basis you will be:
- Inspecting road corridor assets, record all faults defects and propose suitable solutions
- Ensuring all operations meet Health & Safety requirements.
- Identifying risks and make corrective actions where required
- Auditing completed work by own crews and third party contractors with a focus on quality
- Assisting in the development of maintenance programmes
- Ensuring project operations achieve a superior level of safety performance
- Providing support to field staff on field programming tools such as Pocket RAMM, mobile road, WhatsApp (training provided).
- Proven track record in assisting in the development of maintenance programmes through field inspections
- Organised and systematic approach to working environment
- Planning and organisation skills
- A positive/proactive work ethic
- RAMM contractor experience desirable
- Full Class 2 drivers licence desirable, full class 1 required.
- Self-driven with ability to work on your own, and as part of a team
This is an excellent opportunity to be working as part of a collaborative and future focused team, in an organisation that values people as its greatest assets!
To apply for this exciting new role, please visit www.downercareers.co.nz quote reference 554224
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Back to search results