Job ID: 554330
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Brisbane, Gold Coast, Adelaide
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Project Management, Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer’s Mineral Technologies has a number of large EPC contracts in the final negotiation stage in Australia, Africa and North America with values in the range of AUD10M to AUD80M. The scope of these projects is typically iron ore and mineral sands process plants and includes;
- Mining Unit Plants (MUP)
- Wet Concentrator Plants (WCP)
- Mineral Separation Plants (MSP)
We are now seeking accomplished Project Managers to lead and deliver these technically challenging and high-profile scopes of work. With a strong focus on Zero Harm and managing stakeholder relationships, you will lead large multi-discipline project teams, ensure quality design delivery and oversee commercial contractual matters.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Engineering Manager (Projects), you will:
- Lead, coordinate and successfully execute Downer’s scope of works including Design, Procurement, on site construction supervision, commissioning and training for the client;
- Act as the primary Downer contact for the client providing routine updates and ensuring appropriate levels of communication are maintained between the client and internal Downer management/stakeholders;
- Be responsible for risk and opportunity management and all financial forecasting of Project deliverables;
- Effectively co-ordinate the Project Design Manager and team to ensure delivery of quality design within budget and timeframe and to client expectations;
- Effectively co-ordinate the commercial and procurement aspects of the project;
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with the client’s team and affiliated stakeholders/suppliers/services;
- Significant experience in successful $10M+ EPC project delivery;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (engineering and/or project management);
- Experience and understanding of process plant design (minerals, cement, gas);
- Competency using financial management systems and competent in procurement fundamentals;
- Demonstrated experience leading a large team with multiple direct reports;
- Construction experience preferably managing multi-national project teams;
- Commissioning and close out experience of major design and construct projects is desirable but not essential;
- Willingness and flexibility to travel internationally as required;
- Exceptional communication skills – the ability to collaborate, influence, negotiate and foster teamwork, teamed with a strong customer service focus;
- A non-negotiable attitude towards safety best practice across EPC and a comprehensive understanding of industry safety standards, systems and legislation;
- And finally, a genuine commitment to creating a positive work environment and the enthusiasm to inspire and motivate your team.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A working environment that suits your lifestyle!
- Remote work access options and flexible hours are just some of the options available;
- Opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team;
- The ability to work with a diverse range of disciplines, taking on new and exciting global challenges;
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do;
- Employee benefits program and competitive salary packages.
For more information, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org however applications can only be received via the "Apply" function on this careers portal.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time