Standards and Capability Advisor
Job ID: 554576
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Health Safety & Environment, Human Resources, Operations/Production
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining Energy and Industrial is seeking a Standards and Capability Advisor to assist with the continuing to build a robust Downer culture; whilst promoting the philosophy of a learning organisation that builds capability within the Western region. As an integral member of our People and Culture Team, you will be a key player in the professional development and growth of employees, leaders and projects throughout our business.
- Design and delivery of learning, development, training and competency programs
- Providing advice to employees and line management on learning and organisational development needs
- Contribute to the planning, creation and implementation of fit for business cultural alignment initiatives and leadership development
- Contribute to and support the management of the Downer Undergraduate, Graduate, Apprentice and Trainee Programs
- Contribute to the Downer MEI brand in target markets by having a credible presence at career expos, universities, school and industry networking events
- Formal qualifications in psychology, business, human resources, health & safety, or another related discipline and/or relevant work experience in a training & development role
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Developed presentation and facilitation skills with a demonstrated understanding of adult learning principles
- Exposure to Undergraduate, Graduate, Apprentice and Trainee programs
- Ability to demonstrate skills in time management, organisation and teamwork
- An agile and flexible approach to work
- Desire and ability to operate within Downer’s 4 Pillars
- Travel to operating sites and regional office locations is a requirement of the role
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A stimulating and challenging role in a dynamic, large and diverse ASX company
- Cross functional exposure and potential for expansion of skills
- High level autonomy, with a great balance of team work too
- Great work / life flexibility
To submit your application please click the “Apply” button. For queries contact Nathan on 08 6217 5731. Please note emailed applications will not be accepted.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time