Maintenance Technician Grade 2 - Auburn
Job ID: 554647
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
These positions are key components of Downers multi-skilled environment and play a critical role in the delivery, reliability, maintainability and sustainability of rollingstock management provided to our clients.
We currently have a number of opportunities within the Downer Infrastructure and Transport Division (formerly Downer Rail) for Experienced Maintenance Technicians -Grade 2 based out of our purpose-built, state of the art Auburn Maintenance Centre. Working on a 24/7 rotating shift roster. Your responsibilities will include performing maintenance, repair and modification of rollingstock, components and associated equipment within the facility to the required standards.
- Australian recognised Mechanical or Electrical Trade Qualification (essential)
- Current RIW card (or willing to obtain)
- Experience in Rail or Rollingstock maintenance (preferred) – will consider heavy industrial environment either Defence, Aviation or Mobile Plant maintenance
- Must be computer literate
- Have a broad understanding of the technical aspects of rail vehicles
- The ability to interpret and understand engineering instructions and schematic diagrams
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be highly motivated and have excellent organisational skills
- Proactive team member, adaptable and self-directed
- Knowledge and commitment to ensuring a Zero Harm workplace
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- Commitment to fostering a culture that empowers Our People promotes safety, teamwork and embraces sustainability
- An opportunity working with an ASX Listed Company
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for these great opportunities please click the APPLY NOW button below
Job No: 554647
For more information please contact: Kim Henwood on 0429 138 154 - Talent & Sourcing Business Partner - Transport and Infrastructure
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical incl D&A
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.
Please note -The selection process will commence prior to the advertised closing date.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time