Trainer Operator Underground - Downer Blasting Services
Job ID: 555199
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
DBS is a well-established Australian blasting service providers, for over a decade DBS has proven to provide a flexible, focused and collaborative blasting service to its impressive list of major resources sector customers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Downer Mining, DBS has the backing of a large scale mining services company, but the personal touch of a smaller one.
With a well-established business and manufacturing capabilities, DBS have entered into the Underground blasting services, providing new technology for underground charging and new equipment offering flexibility and results generating value and customer satisfaction.
We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated Underground Operator / Trainer for operations across our Western Australian sites and we are offering a family friendly 8:6 roster FIFO from Perth, WA.
Reporting to the Underground Operations Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in the consolidation of DBS's UG position as the preferred supplier of blasting products and on site services to the mining and explosives industry by providing superior service through operational excellence in the areas of safety, environment, quality and cost efficiency.
- Demonstrated Operator Experience in the Underground mining industry
- Underground Charge up/ Emulsion experience
- Prefer Coaching and or training experience
- Knowledge of compliance with safety, environmental and training systems in the industry
- Heavy Rigid Vehicle License
- Dangerous Good Security Card
- High Risk elevated work platform ticket
- Excellent communication skills with a positive attitude
- Willingness to take and accept responsibility for all operational issues
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Flexibility to work in Perth as require
In return we offer
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all on the DBS Team
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- The opportunity to develop new skills within DBS
- A fantastic field based opportunity where you can work independently
- This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with passion and drive to contribute to the ongoing development of DBS.
To apply online, please click on the link below.
For further information contact Nathan at email@example.com Please note applications must be completed online. Applications emailed directly will not be accepted.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time