Job ID: 555363
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Due to continued business growth and an increasing portfolio of work in 2019, we are now seeking applications from Mechanical Engineers to join our multi-discipline engineering team based in Newcastle. Working within a collaborative and dynamic environment, you will have the opportunity to be involved in global projects developing high quality mining designs for mineral processing plant and equipment.
These positions will be responsible for and contribute to:
- Developing designs and calculations for mechanical plant and equipment;
- Delivering best practice technical solutions in accordance with project scopes, budgets and timeframes;
- Interacting with suppliers to obtain bids and perform technical evaluations to develop work packages for equipment including performing technical evaluations of tenders;
- Working effectively and collaboratively within a multi-discipline team environment to deliver results within set timeframes and budgets;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (B.Eng Mech);
- Solid experience in engineering design and consulting,
- Design engineering experience of materials handling and coal handling process plant (CHPP) elements;
- Strong technical aptitude, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with an open and collaborative attitude;
- Awareness of industry safety systems, legislation codes and contractual documentation;
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team, with a focus on producing logical smart designs through innovation and collaboration
- The ability to work on a diverse range of designs, taking on new and exciting challenges with projects across the world.
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
- We provide truly flexible working conditions incorporating part time/casual and job share opportunities throughout various office locations
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org however applications and resumes will not be accepted via email – please do so via the ‘Apply’ links.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time