Job ID: 555417
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Categories: Finance & Administration
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Our Systems Integrations team is seeking an Administration super-star who would like to gain document control experience in an entry level role. This unique opportunity will provide a great environment to learn new skills and gain exposure to being part of a rewarding and high-profile rail rolling stock project that will deliver the next generation of world class trains.
This role will be responsible for maintaining and managing data governance for the project as well as ensuring systems, processes and documentation align to required standards. An essential part of the role is to meet deadlines & deliver high quality documents in a timely manner that conveys a consistent brand message.
The High Capacity Metro Trains (HCMT) Project is a Victorian Government initiative and a $2.3 billion investment in Victoria’s rolling stock industry.
Be part of Victoria’s biggest ever train order and help us create the 65 bigger, better trains a growing Victoria needs. It is your chance to be part of a project that is setting up Victoria to become a future train supplier to Australia and the world.
This role is being offered as a 6 month fixed-term contract role and will be based at our newly build HCMT Production Facility in Newport.
- Extensive administration / project support experience gained within engineering or construction would be highly desirable.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- High attention to detail and effective time management / organisational skills, coupled with well-developed verbal and written skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal customers and key external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated team player who is goal orientated.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to multitask and work within a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Intermediate/Advanced computer skills including Adobe, Excel and Microsoft Office applications.
- An attitude that engages all individuals by way of clear communication and effective interaction.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to be part of a high-profile project that will reinvigorate Victoria’s manufacturing industry while providing a number of jobs to locals where we are committed to achieving a highly diverse workforce.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time