Job ID: 555466
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: South Africa
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer is working closely with our business partners to deliver a safe, high quality product at the world class Palabora Copper Mine, in Phalaborwa, South Africa. Due to an increase in works, we are seeking an experienced Cable Bolt Operator who wants to be part of this unique and exciting opportunity.
We welcome applications from highly experienced people who demonstrate safety leadership; commitment to continuous improvement of self and others; a team focused and results driven approach to problem solving so as to deliver high quality results in a rapid development and production drilling and blasting environment, preferably within a block cave mine.
These positions will be offered on a 4 week on / 2 week off roster, with accommodation and flights included.
You will have previous underground experience and be able to safely and efficiently demonstrate cable bolting skills. Equipment includes Sandvik cable bolters.
- Prior experience on Sandvik Underground Cable bolter
- Possess a current passport and driver’s license
- Be able to provide a current Australian Federal Police clearance
- Be able to facilitate, coach and mentor national employees leaving a training legacy
- Appreciate the cultural sensitivities essential to working internationally
- Possess an overarching commitment to safe work practices and continuous improvement
- Have a flexible approach to work with effective communication skills
- Be production oriented with a focus on achieving results without compromising safe work or quality standards
WHAT WE OFFER
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employees
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities
To apply please submit your resume by following the links.
For any queries, please email Elizabeth.email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: South Africa Standard Time