Operator - Savage River DBS
Job ID: 555482
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Savage River
Categories: Maintenance, Operations/Production
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
We are currently seeking applications from experienced Operator for our Savage River Project. This role will require you to safely, efficiently, and in accordance with the prevailing site and legislative requirements, conduct and manage successful surface down the hole explosive loading activities and truck maintenance. In addition, you will be focusing on building long term relationships with our people and our client by endeavouring to always go the extra mile and living the DBS values.
- Previous experience operating MPU and working in Blasting
- Current SSDS card
- Ability to complete a national police clearance
- Current HR drivers licence
- Current High risk LF, DG and Boiler ticket
- Cert III in Heavy Diesel Mechanics
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Knowledge with Low Voltage process electrics / electronics
- You will have initiative and a flexible approach to work coupled with strong communication skills
- An unwavering commitment to the highest safety, community and environmental standards
WHAT WE OFFER
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all on the DBS Team
- 7/7 Roster 12 hr Shifts
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- Fantastic chance to drive new initiatives & processes across the business to influence change.
For further information, please contact Michael Bernard on Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: Tasmania Daylight Time