Site Engineer - Surfacing VIC TAS
Job ID: 555649
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Construction, Civil Engineering
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
We are currently seeking a Civil Engineer with early career experience to join our Wodonga team. Ideally, this role would be suited to candidates with exposure across asphalt, spray sealing or civil construction environments but we will consider Civil Engineers at the beginning of their career looking for long-term growth within an industry leader.
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated Engineer to learn all aspects of our operations and work within a driven and enthusiastic team.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Civil Engineering
- Some exposure to civil construction or an asphalt environment would be highly advantageous but not essential
- Have a willingness and enthusiasm to learn all aspects of our operations
- An understanding of planning, execution and reporting of projects
- An understanding of project management as well as engineering principles and construction methods
- Be outcome focused and have strong communication, organisational and problem solving skills
- Some demonstrated ability to work with people both in a team and autonomously.
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Advanced computer skills in particular project and excel
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated evidence of actively promoting and sustaining a Zero harm environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note applications are not received via email.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time