Gas Supervisor - Geelong
Job ID: 555732
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Management, Trades
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
A new opportunity has become available within our Gas Services division at Downer. This team is responsible for delivering 24/7 fault and emergency response, planned maintenance activities, systems operation, customer connection activities and cyclic and special meter reading for a gas network across the West Metro area of Melbourne and across Western Victoria.
We are now seeking a Gas Supervisor to join the Geelong team on a permanent, full time basis. You will be responsible the in-field activity of field and contract teams engaged in the construction, maintenance and emergency response of the gas distribution system in the area. Previous experience with planning, estimating, scheduling and management of relevant construction and maintenance work to field crews and subcontractors will be essential. Resilience and adaptability will be key in this role which is split 50/50 between the office & field. Our ideal candidate will have strong leadership qualities with the ability to solve problems effectively and work autonomously.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the same or similar role/industry with trade qualifications preferably in the gas industry related areas and full drivers licence (desirable Cert IV or equivalent in Gas Operations or working towards)
- Proven experience leading/supervising teams to success with a track record of engagement and results
- Demonstrable performance in gas, utilities or similar industries where you have successfully achieved, safety, quality, procedural (field based), personnel, estimating and planning, works execution and productivity targets.
- Proven leadership qualities with the ability to negotiate and solve problems to meet established deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to & knowledge of Quality Management principals, Zero Harm and Environmental Legislation
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment that offers long term, stable work
- A supportive and dynamic team environment
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment
For more information please contact: Elysha Evans– Talent and Sourcing Business Partner and quote reference number 552543.
E: Elysha.Evans@downergroup.com (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time