Job ID: 555818
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Management, Manufacturing, Operations/Production
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Be part of Victoria’s biggest ever train order and help us create the 65 bigger, better trains a growing Victoria needs. This is your chance to be part of our Test & Commissioning Team and work across a rewarding project which will offer long-term career prospects.
In support of production activity at our brand new production facility in Newport, we now have an opportunity available for a Test Manager to lead and support testing at single car level and during train-level haulage preparation tests. This role will be responsible for establishing site operations, managing routine static testing and supporting static type tests, compiling test reports, and to seek continuous improvement and process optimisation. This role will also manage the Test Team that currently comprises of two direct reports.
The position will be primarily based at our Newport Production Facility. The occasional weekend and nightshift work may be required.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or related disciplines.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of rolling stock electrical and mechanical systems
- Proven knowledge of test management and processes
- Understanding of diagnostic software and tools.
- Proven track record and experience in rolling stock test & commissioning.
- Ability to follow test procedures and electrical/mechanical drawings.
- Ability to complete comprehensive test reports.
- Pro-active approach to escalation of arising technical issues and to propose solutions.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement in the test and commissioning process.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and deliver results.
- Ability to create innovative solutions to problems, implement change and lead quality and zero harm initiatives.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and how to drive it.
- Ability to develop, nurture and maintain sound relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to actively listen and resolve conflict as well as support and encourage and motivate employees.
- Highly effective communication style teamed with strong inter-personal and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated leadership that strives towards the commitment to Zero Harm.
- An opportunity to be part of a high-profile project that will reinvigorate Victoria’s manufacturing industry while providing a number of jobs to locals where we are committed to achieving a highly diverse workforce.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
For more information please contact: Clarissa Esteller – Recruitment Manager, Major Projects
E: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time