Job ID: 555947
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Townsville, Brisbane
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Trades
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer is a diversified business that designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities. Dating back over 150 years, and with some 56,000 employees, we pride ourselves on building strong relationships of trust with our customers, understanding and predicting their needs, and bringing them world-leading insights and solutions.
The Mining, Energy and Industrial (MEI) division provides a portfolio of complementary services to customers covering the entire asset life cycle: from initial feasibility through to construction, operations, maintenance and decommissioning. Our Asset Services business unit delivers asset management and precision maintenance solutions to clients in the oil and gas, mining services and power generation and industrial sectors.
Due to continued business growth, Asset Services is now seeking applications from experienced E&I specialists for projects in Townsville. The successful candidate will be empowered to manage and implement the full electrical, instrumentation and communications QA/QC functions for the project.
- Prepare, implement and manage project quality management plans and ITPs to achieve technical objectives, contractual performance requirements and cost targets;
- Provide sound field engineering support to multi-disciplined project team and encourage superior performance from all members;
- Implement effective project controls processes, and monitor, rationalise and report results;
- Prepare QC documents/records for field completion and subsequent collation of turnover packages including Hazardous Area Dossiers and third party certifications;
- Liaise with project management to review design problems or assist in customer negotiations, and attend to the technical aspects of requests for quotations and technical literature;
- Generate, review and revise Material Take-Offs, ITP, FIC and ITR requirements;
- Assist in the creation of Work Packs and construction methodologies including review of technical schedule and drawings for latest revisions and discrepancies to P&IDs;
- Oversee and support the document control functions of the project including field copies, technical correspondence and handover documentation;
- Allocation of project components to subsystems and preparation of pre-commissioning packages.
- Degree qualified Electrical Engineer (desirable, but not essential for the right candidate);
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in power, generation and industrial projects;
- Demonstrated experience with Hazardous Area and High Voltage project delivery;
- Proficient in computer packages, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) and Adobe software. Familiarity with production control software systems also desirable;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and changes in priorities;
- Capacity to plan, organise and prioritise work task with proven attention to detail, information process and problem solving capability;
- High level of interpersonal skills with experience in negotiation, organisation, problem solving and customer service;
- Professional integrity with respect to matters such as confidentiality;
- Positive, highly motivated, proactive and strong work ethic;
- Committed to continuous improvement.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
For more information you may contact email@example.com however applications will only be accepted via the ‘Apply’ function in this portal.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time