Senior Project Engineer
Job ID: 556025
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Brisbane, Emerald
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer's Mining Energy Industrial business has recently been awarded a contract on a prominent mine based near Emerald in the Bowen Basin. Downer's scope of works will include the design and construction of a rejects handling system. This role is a permanent position and will be based in our Brisbane office initially, then mobilise out to site around March/April 2019 on a 10/4 roster.
The Talent Acquisition team is now calling for a Senior Project Engineer with relevant experience in the Engineering and construction environment.
The position will principally involve project management and technical leadership of design projects; interfacing with customers and suppliers; performance improvement of existing products; design direction of engineering developments; and preparing technical responses to commercial enquiries.
- Prepare, implement and manage engineering project plans to achieve technical objectives, contractual performance requirements and cost targets
- Manage a highly skilled multi-disciplined project team and encourage superior performance from all members
- Implement and manage design project plans in terms of method, cost, time schedules and staff requirements and seek approval of budgets
- Ensure design process is being followed with regular internal project meetings, internal design review meeting and external customer design review meeting
- Status and forecast the design plan so that at any time the current position of project design progress can be determined
- Liaise with project management to review design problems or assist in customer negotiations, and attend to the technical aspects of requests for quotations and technical literature
- Manage design effort with the relevant engineering disciplines as follows – structural, electrical and mechanical system design; systems engineering, cost performance of design, quality & safety, conformance to contract specifications, vehicle safety accreditation hazard analysis, manufacturability and product design reviews.
- Degree qualified – Engineering
- 10-20 years experience in construction supervision, preferably with construction contractors
- Demonstrated experience in a mixture of engineering design and construction or EPCM
- Strong leadership skills and capability to manage subordinate Project Engineers as well as work with construction supervision and trades people
- Strong communication skills and multi-tasking skills
Please note, Downer do not accept resumes via email and please ensure you attach copies of your Resume, Licences, Trade Papers/tickets and proof of eligibility to work in Australia i.e. passport/birth certificate to your online application.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
For technical application queries, please email Elizabeth.Skewes@downergroup.com
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time