Track Superintendent - Rail WA
Job ID: 556049
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Canning Vale, Perth
Categories: Management, Maintenance, Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Transport & Infrastructure division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Our Infrastructure Projects business has an opportunity for an experienced Track Superintendent to deliver on project requirements for a long term Rail Network Renewals project based in the Pilbara, WA.
Reporting to the Delivery manager, you will be responsible for managing multiple work crews simultaneously planning and delivering re-rail, maintenance and track renewal projects in accordance with safety, environment and statutory requirements. The role requires a background in Rail and is suitable for applicants with strong supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing supervisors and subsequent crews
- Certificate III in Rail Infrastructure
- Ability to scope, resource and plan packages of work
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate and encourage others
- Strong client communication skills
- Good level of computer literacy (emails, Excel retrieving documents from sharepoint/internet)
- Sound knowledge of proactive rail maintenance/upgrade principles in shutdown conditions
- Actively promote safety awareness and safe work practices and compliance with safety management plans
- Demonstrate extensive experience in the area of rail maintenance and capital works projects
- Thorough understanding of track and setting up engineering possessions in the Western Australian Rail environment
- Experience on heavy haul rail network preferred
- Training of supervisors and leading hands
WHAT WE OFFER
This exciting role offers an opportunity to lead a rail crew for a renowned construction Rail project. This positon comes with an attractive remuneration package along with an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment within a highly successful engineering organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, apply now.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, you can make an impact with our forward thinking company.
For more information contact: Nathan at Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this opportunity please click the apply now button. Please note emailed applications will not be considered.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time