FTTC - Junior Engineer
Job ID: 556073
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Construction, Telecommunications, Graduates
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer’s Technology & Communications business is contracted to its client to design and construct Australia’s High Speed National Broadband Network (NBN) using various technologies including FTTX.
Due to continued project success we have 3 opportunities for Junior Engineer’s to join us in Gladesville in support of the NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) project. You will provide Engineering & Administrative support to the Regional Construction Managers for Initial Work Releases (IWRs) which will involve:
- Coordinating civil, fibre and copper related activities
- Working with supervisors in the field to solve all design related issues
- Coordinating In Field Design Variations between the design and site teams
- Work with the planning teams to ensure there are no delays when it comes to delivery.
- Degree in Telecommunications, Engineering or similar
- Experience working in a scheduling capacity preferably in communications construction projects
- Proven ability to balance technical solutions with time, cost and human factors to meet tight deadlines
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of fibre builds and remediation activities inclusive of pillar compression work for mains or customer ranges, jointing, jumpering and cable hauling; Existing Telstra infrastructure and AutoCAD (highly desirable).
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- Career enhancing opportunity.
For more information please contact: Michelle Hargreaves – Talent and Sourcing Lead email@example.com
Please note applications will not be considered via email, please submit your application via the online portal.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time