Boilermaker - Mobile Plant – CASUAL RATES up to $70 per hour
Job ID: 556182
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Cape Preston
Categories: Trades, Maintenance
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
As the largest magnetite mine in Australia, Downer Mining’s contract with Sino Iron is primarily for the provision of mining equipment; it’s maintenance as a well as the provision of Production operators operating 13 MT4400 Bucyrus trucks.
We are currently seeking an experienced Boilermaker with open cut hard rock mining experience to join the team at Cape Preston in the North-West of Western Australia. Key responsibilities include repairs and maintenance of heavy duty machinery, and the preparation of relevant reports and documentation.
- Demonstrated current experience as a boilermaker rebuilding and fabricating large scale earthmoving equipment including bucket repairs
- Experience with 400 + tonne excavators and MT4400 Trucks is preferred
- Previous experience working in an open cut hard rock mining environment
- Australian recognised Trade certificate
- Working at Heights and Fire Training certification is preferred but not essential
- Safety focus with a high attention to detail
- Able to work in a team environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive hourly rates
- 2/1 roster from Perth
- Diverse and inclusive leading-edge business
- An overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- Supportive work environment
Several of the sites accommodation villages have been voted in the top 10 in the industry and offer modern ensuited rooms with flat screen TV's, Foxtel, movie channels and internet connections. A quality meals service is offered in resort style facilities include a swimming pool, gymnasium.
Shortlisting will commence immediately for this position.
Please contact Mary-Jane Heaney on 08 6217-5835 for further information.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time