Job ID: 556210
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Cape Preston
Categories: Trades, Maintenance
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
As the largest magnetite mine in Australia, Downer Mining’s contract with Sino Iron is primarily for the provision of mining equipment; it’s maintenance as a well as the provision of Production operators operating 13 MT4400 Bucyrus trucks.
We are currently seeking an experienced, motivated and driven Maintenance Foreperson to join our team at Cape Preston in the North-West Region of Western Australia. You will provide daily supervision of the maintenance personnel to plan, organise and optimise use of heavy mobile plant equipment within the required timeframes and quality requirements.
- Strong knowledge of workplace safety & experience in a broad range of safety activities
- Solid experience working at a supervisory level
- Experience monitoring mining equipment and processes in an open cut mining environment
- Previous mobile plant experience essential with Diesel Trade qualification
- Demonstrated ability in coordinating and planning operations in an open cut mining environment
- Appreciation of environmental concerns in a mining environment
- First Aid certification, Working Safely at Heights, Confined Space and Section 44 all desirable
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary with this permanent position
- Inclusive and diverse leading-edge business
- 14/7 roster
- An overriding commitment to zero harm
- A Supportive work environment with professional development opportunities
The site accommodation village has been voted in the top 10 in the industry and offers modern ensuited rooms with flat screen TV's, Foxtel, movie channels and Internet connections. A quality meals service is offered in resort style facilities include a swimming pool and gymnasium.
Shortlisting will commence immediately for this position.
Please call Mary-Jane Heaney on 08 6217-5835 for further information.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time