Project Controls Engineer
Job ID: 556273
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer Power projects team have several Transmission Line construction projects underway and are now seeking a Project Controls Engineer to join our national Transmission Line Projects team. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this full-time permanent office based role can be located in either Woolloongabba Brisbane or North Ryde Sydney office with minor travel to sites as required.
The main responsibility of the Project Controls Engineer will be responsible for management and coordination of project reporting for Power Projects which include the following:
- Working with Project Managers and Estimators to establish project WBS and cost centre structures
- Allocating budgets on award of new projects in line with Downer requirements.
- Developing and managing Transmission Power Projects project reporting with consistency
- Developing and managing production monitoring, control and reporting tools
- Assisting project teams in ensuring accuracy of cost allocations to project and correct WBS cost capture centres.
- Assisting Project Managers in the preparation of the monthly estimate to complete forecasts, including the review of costs to date and commitment allocations
- Assisting Project Managers in the preparation of the Project Management Report (PMR) in line with timetable requirements.
- Preparing the Top Down Review (TDR) report for Transmission Power Projects
- Extensive experience in project and controls management within a commercial organisation with a particular emphasis on project management and reporting.
- Experience in report development and writing for projects and KPI management.
- Preferred experience using JD Edwards software to generate information
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications – (Engineering, project management, construction management )
- Experience in Excel report development and management
- Demonstrated ability in a dynamic contracting services orientated environment
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do
- Great employee benefits
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for these great opportunities, please click on “Apply Now” button. Please include a cover letter and resume, job reference 556273. For more information about this position please contact: Sanjay Kumar– Talent & Sourcing Business Partner on mobile 0418 621 926 or via email email@example.com.
(Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time