Job no: 556350
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand’s infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 12,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand’s biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
Reporting to the Field Manager, your core responsibility will be for the upgrade, installation and maintenance of the mobile networks of our Major Customers. Other responsibilities will cover a wide range of activities across the full spectrum of Telecommunications. Working within the parameters of time and cost, you will be innovative and able to generate solutions that produce results.
Building positive relationships with customers and clients, you will show commitment to quality work practices and ongoing quality assurance. You will be good at understanding and following process, delivering updates and on time as-built documentation. You must be committed to actively following Health and Safety protocols.
This position is for you if you have an enthusiasm for the industry, are familiar with existing and emerging communication infrastructures / technologies, have a desire to take charge and responsibility for the Auckland area and are inspired by the opportunity to join a team keeping pace with new technologies.
Suitable applicants with the following skills and abilities will definitely have an advantage:
- Experience with the installation and commissioning of BTS systems. NSN Flexi and/or Huawei equipment will be to your advantage
- Minimum Level 3 NZQA Telecommunications or Equivalent or alternatively relevant experience as a rigger within the telecommunications industry
- Experience with Microwave Transmission technologies
- Radio RF Trained and experienced
- Knowledgeable with reading and interpreting plans
- Current Working at Heights Certificate preferred although Downer NZ will put you through the course if your certificate has expired
- Competency based qualification and experience with Elevated Work Platforms (EWP)
- Current Drivers Licence
- First Aid Certificate
- Ability to use fault finding equipment and competent in fault restoration
- Experience in business and residential provisioning and installations
- An energetic personality and enthusiastic approach to work
- Sound computer skills for record keeping
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be a self-starter, work autonomously and work well in a team environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a professional team that will provide you with quality support. To apply please visit www.downer.co.nz and search for Job No 556350.
All successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results
Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time