Purchasing Officer - Mt Maunganui / Wanganui (Fixed term contract)
Downer is a leading provider of end to end services, providing design, construction & maintenance solutions for Power & Gas distribution network owners. Committed to meeting the highest regulatory standards we are aligned with some of NZ’s largest networks, covering up to 30,000kms. Experiencing business success and a strong pipeline of work we need to grow our stores teams to ensure our operational teams have the resources they need to deliver for our client.
About The Role
Based at our Mt Maunganui or Wanganui Depot, you'll be responsible for ensuring regional purchasing is managed effectively and efficiently for the Power & Gas business for the Eastern region. Supporting the wider stores team to ensure effective service delivery for the entire Power & Gas business you’ll also provide assistance with stock-takes, general stores functions as required as well as general administration and special projects for the stores team as requested. Your duties will include:
- Placing orders and following up with suppliers on deliveries or product issues
- Reviewing pricing to increase profitability
- Ensure operational teams are following required procurement process
- Order stock to ensure Min Max levels are met
- Ensure accurate records are kept
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers
- Support, implement and adhere to H&S policies and procedures.
This a fixed-term contract for 6 months to cover maternity leave.
With previous experience in a Purchasing role you’ll also demonstrate great problem solving skills providing solutions that exceed expectations. Working in a deadline driven environment it will be preferable if you can also offer electricity distribution network experiences to be able to hit the ground running. You’ll also offer:
- Competence with Microsoft Office including intermediate Excel skills
- J D Edwards experience preferred or similar ERP knowledge
- Hold Health & Safety in the highest regard.
In return we offer
Contributing to our larger team you’ll be proud to support a high performing operational team maintaining critical infrastructure for our communities.
The potential for growth within in Downer is massive. Your current skills will be highly valued and we encourage continued learning.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 556410 to apply.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Back to search results