Orbost - Supervisor SMP (Piping)
Job ID: 556444
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer have recently been named the preferred contractor for a prominent gas plant in the Latrobe valley region. This news creates a great opportunity for Piping Supervisors with Mechanical construction experience to join their team. This will be a site based opportunity with a 10/4 roster out of Victoria.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the coordination and management of crew allocations and work area.
- Review and authorise maintenance programme and completion schedules and delegate activities for the day-to-day direction of field schedule requirements;
- Direct and control maintenance activities to ensure that standards of quality, cost, safety and performance are observed and that time schedules are met;
- Develop working relationships with clients, subcontractors and all relevant stakeholders.
The successful candidates will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Stainless steel experience
- Oil & Gas experience
- An ability to organise and prioritise tasks, and be proactive with a high degree of initiative.
- You will have an outcome driven approach with the ability to positively influence and motivate your team.
- A proactive approach to safety.
WHAT WE OFFER
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to join a high performing team and develop a long term career within a highly successful engineering organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and enjoy diversity in your role, apply now.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to Downer pre-employment checks and supply a recent Police Check. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
We are unable to accept resumes via email. Please apply online.
For any Technical queries please contact E: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time