Job ID: 556470
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Finance & Administration
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Reporting to the General Manager of Finance for the HCMT Project, this role will provide strong financial management (financial control; timely, effective and high quality management reporting and analysis) and business insight across the project in order to deliver financial improvements.
Based at our HCMT Production Facility in Newport, you will take ownership of project ledgers and associated financial reporting including primary responsibility for the preparation of all budgets and forecasts as required by the business and underpin sound management decision making.
The High Capacity Metro Trains (HCMT) Project is a Victorian Government initiative and a $2.3 billion investment in Victoria’s rolling stock industry.
Be part of Victoria’s biggest ever train order and help us create the 65 bigger, better trains a growing Victoria needs. It is your chance to be part of a project that is setting up Victoria to become a future train supplier to Australia and the world.
Key responsibilities include:
- Financial and management accounting.
- Analysis of direct labour time booking and indirect expenses.
- Analysis of hour booking by workstation, earned-value, learning curves, efficiencies, productivity, utilisation, overtime, absenteeism, volume/rate analysis for costs/revenues
- Support in LIDP and WDP calculations
- Forecasting and Budgeting
- Financial modelling of FCAC (Financial Cost at Completion) and analysis.
- Business case simulation and variation costing.
- CAPEX expenditure and reporting.
- Conduct regular reviews against plan and budget, taking action required to ensure financial objectives are achieved.
- Ensure cost savings, efficiency and productivity maximised and improved day on day.
- Support the Major Projects and HCMT Finance Team e.g. during month-end and JDE developments.
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting coupled with CPA or CA Certification. Post-graduate qualifications is desirable.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing industry, ideally within a project environment.
- Strong Excel and ERP system skills with data modelling skills (Pivot tables, Power Query, BI).
- Knowledge of JDE will be advantageous.
- Demonstrable and successful financial management experience gained in a similar project environment.
- Ability to develop and implement business strategies with a longer-term focus.
- Influencing and solid decision making skills based on facts and analysis.
- Expert knowledge in financial management and reporting, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Strong interpersonal skills, notably communication with key HCMT and Major Projects stakeholders and the ability to influence desirable outcomes.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
For more information please contact: Clarissa Esteller – Recruitment Manager, Major Projects.
(Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time